Re: dif version of debian ??

Welcome convert, I recently converted from SuSE as well.

Versions....

Anything with 2.2r* is the potato version (currently the stable)
Woody is the test version (meaning that it is currently under test and has
no show-stopping bugs in the packages that they are aware of).  Currently
has no version number assigned but per the website will probably be 2.3 or
3.0.

Then you get Sid, which is in the unstable tree.  Which is just what it
means, unstable and possibly changing on a daily basis.

Now, those are the most current.  There is also Slink, which I believe is
Debian 2.0, but this is as far back as I go.

Someone correct me if I am wrong on any of these points.

HTH,
-----
Chris Kulish
Systems Engineer
ING Advisors Network
Ph. (515) 698-7583
Fx. (515) 698-3583
-----

                    Dan
                    Christensen          To:     debian-user@lists.debian.org
                    <dan.chr@12mo        cc:
                    ve.dk>               Subject:     dif version of debian ??

                    05/22/2001
                    07:21 AM

Hi All

Im thinking about changen to debian from SuSE, so i started to get this
list,
but now im more in dubt about the way debian works and who many dif version

ther are, i seen versions like 2.2.r2 2.2.r3 woody and the list go on. is
ther a place to get the info on the versions and what the dif is from
version
to wersion, so i can finde the version best for me.

Sorry if this Q has been up before, but im fearly new to Linux.
TIA
--
Best regards/Med venlig hilsen
Dan Christensen