Re: modprobe / modutils problems...

ookay...following your suggestion i started modprobe with the module name,
omitting the .o extension -- now modprobe apm doesn't give me any error
message (in fact there is no output at all but i guess that is the way it
should be)

so it happens there is nothing wrong with modprobe after all i just used a
wrong syntax! thanks for picking me up!

hmmm...i hope i'm not too much of a bother! could you tell me if i should
in theory be able to hear sound when the sound modules are loaded
succesfully? because when i instert the particular modules i get the
output that my soundcard was found, with correct irq and all...but that
doesn't do the job...

anyway, thanks a lot for your modprobe suggestions!

cheers,

vester