Re: Gnumeric - too big

"Hall Stevenson" <hallstevenson@mindspring.com> wrote:

> > > Do you not run many gnome packages ?? Many of those are
> > > pretty "standard" packages that you would need installed
> > > anyway for other gnome programs.
> [..]
> , if you want to run *one* gnome app, you have to accept the dependencies
> that go with it...

I have another experience. After I have installed Debian, my package
management program becomes a mess, and I install new packages with
dpkg after downloading from the Debian site. Although
I do not run gnome, I installed gnumeric this way (in Potato), and had to install only a few
extra packages (do not remember which ones, but less than five)
because of dependencies. Gnumeric runs fairly well now.

Paul Huygen.