cups and deskjet 840c

Hi!

Has anyone had any experience with cups and the deskjet 840c?! As I understood from cups.org, this printer is supported, although "mostly".                     When I open "http://localhost:631/admin";, I get "this file contains no data". The other sections of this interface are also empty.
The docs say that I can add a printer with the "lpadmin" command ( unfortunately, this wasn't in the .deb package I downloaded.).
My local user is in the "lpadmin" group and the printer does respond ( usually...) to "lpr filename". It only prints the first line of the text, though...
Any tips?!

Thanks.

Eamon Roque