Re: How to use debian lists

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 12:10:58PM -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:
|   it is much easier to handle it when you thread the articles. some
| mailreader enable you to 'kill the thread' so you'll never see messages
| in threads that do not interest you. I've heard that this works really
| well in gnus. netscape has these features as well but I never got them
| working properly (threading works but kill thread does strange things).
| I think mutt can do the same as well even though I don't know how to
| kill threads in mutt (yet)...

In mutt press '^d'.  This doesn't delete future messages in the
thread, just the ones in the mailbox at the time the command was
pressed.  I've also found that it is easier to read messages when you
can follow a thread straight through, rather than reading many threads
at a time in the order people replied.

If you only want to get replies to messages you sent, mutt does this
very well also.  In your .muttrc put the following lines

set followup-to = yes  # this is set by default
lists debian-user@lists.debian.org

When you send a message to that address mutt will include your address
in the Mail-Followup-To header.  Then when people reply to the message
using the 'list-reply' command (L in mutt) the reply will be cc'd to
you.  That way you can get replies to your questions without getting
all the other messages.

-D