Re: Best way to install tuxracer on testing

Brian Nelson wrote:
> modify my sources.list to get the latest package from unstable, but
> typically I want my updates to come from woody.  How come there isn't a
> mechanism in apt that allows you to keep stable/testing/unstable
> references in sources.list, specificy one as a default, and then allow
> you to access others from the command line, something like:
>
> apt-get --dist=unstable install ...
>
> for example.  Or is this possible and I'm missing out?
>
> Maybe it's something for an apt wishlist...

There is, you use pinning and apt-get install foo/unstable

The following /etc/apt/preferences makes it use testing unless
overridden even though there are entries for unstables in sources.list:

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 900

Package: *