Re: ~/.Xdefaults

Brian,

> > It seems that to get this file read into the system I have to go to a
> > terminal and type;
> >         "xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults"

> Debian uses the file ~/.Xresources for your personal modifications.

Solved the problem - Thank you, but....
you say "Debian uses..." as if Debian does something different from the
norm. I thought Debian *was* the norm that others deviance was judged
by?

> > know that ~/.Xdefaults loads fine if I use startx at the command line.

> Are you certain of this?  I use startx and have a recollection that
> ~/.Xdefaults is not accessed when X is started.  Looking at

Yes - Certain, It was the thing I tried immediatly befor I posted

| Keith O'Connell                  |     "That which does not kill     |
| Maidstone, Kent (UK)             |      us, usually still hurts.     |
| keith_oconnell@bigfoot.com       |   That's just life, I'm afraid"   |