Re: Best way to install tuxracer on testing

ray p wrote:

> The best way to do it is to either add unstable to your sources do a apt-get update and then an apt-get install tuxracer and then change your sources back and do an apt-get update again. You could also just go to www.debian.org and do a search on the packages download the right debs and install them with dpkg -i I have installed packages from unstable on my testing box using both these methods and have yet to have a problem. Just don't forget to change the sources back. :)

This situation seems to arise frequently for me.  Often, I temporarily
modify my sources.list to get the latest package from unstable, but
typically I want my updates to come from woody.  How come there isn't a
mechanism in apt that allows you to keep stable/testing/unstable
references in sources.list, specificy one as a default, and then allow
you to access others from the command line, something like:

apt-get --dist=unstable install ...

for example.  Or is this possible and I'm missing out?

Maybe it's something for an apt wishlist...