HP PC LAN NC/16 TP

I've got one of these in a pc with debian on it and it's not working.
Running pnpdump tells me there's nothing so I have no clue how to get it
working.
>From what I've found searching, I believe this card is an hp J2405A. I
also believe (from the hardware compat howto) that this should use the
lance (amd) kernel module. I'm not certain of this, however, and don't
know what the other config parameteres to modprobe (ioports, irq, etc)
should be... or if I'm just totally on the wrong track :-)
Any suggestions?

TIA