Re: cp binary cd to hd

» Jaye Inabnit ke6sls disse isso e eu digo aquilo:

> I have 2 cdroms (one is a writer) and three 2.2.r3 binary disks I wanted to
> work into an nfs for a lap top I'm putzing with. I have several 5gb
> partitions on my second drive. Thought I'd just cp binary #3 disk to that
> partition. I watched as it filled the drive.
>
> Question, how does a disk that can only hold 750mb of data fill a 5gb
> partition? :| I'm completely at a loss. It just *seemed* so simple.

	That happens because not all the files on the CD are, in fact,
packages. There is a lot of symlinks between the sections of the
CD. cp is not aware of the existence of symlinks, you must tell him
that they are there:

	$ cp -d <source> <target>

--
[]'s,