Module agpgart not loading

Hi all,

I have a Matrox G400 video card and have configured X (4.0.3) with the
mga driver and DRI. Upon boot I get an error message, that the drm
module (part of DRI, as I understand) failed to load because of the
agpgart module wasn't loaded before (well, it says: "[drm] The mga drm
module requires the agpgart module to function correctly
Please load the agpgart module before you load the mga module")

`modprobe agpgart' fails with following error message:

/lib/modules/2.4.4/kernel/drivers/char/agp/agpgart.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
/lib/modules/2.4.4/kernel/drivers/char/agp/agpgart.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.4/kernel/drivers/char/agp/agpgart.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.4/kernel/drivers/char/agp/agpgart.o: insmod agpgart failed

I tried to give it the video cards interrupt as parameter (IRQ=11),
but that didn't work either.

Hope someone can give me a helpfull hint ...

Greetings,
joachim