Re: Installation ?mounting partitions?

on Thu, May 17, 2001 at 06:20:28PM -0700, Abner Gershon (abner_gershon@yahoo.com) wrote:

> I am reinstalling debian 2.2r3 from CD after aborting mid floppy disk
> installation a last week.

OK.

> My hard drive I already partitioned last week as per partitioning
> mini-How To recommendations. The thing is I don't remember which
> partition was intended for what purpose and the only way I can guess
> this is to know the size of each partition.

It doesn't particularly matter.  You might want to write this
information down though in case you get interrupted again.

You might want to take a look at my own partitioning guidelines:

    http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/partition.html

> What is the command to switch to a diffent screen from the
> installation screen then I can run fdisk and figure out the size of
> the partitions and then go on to finish my install of Potatoe.

Potato, Mr. Quayle.

    <alt><F2>

<return> for a prompt.  fdisk or cfdisk to partition.

Cheers.