Re: Installation ?mounting partitions?

On Thu, May 17, 2001, Abner Gershon wrote:
> I am reinstalling debian 2.2r3 from CD after aborting
> mid floppy disk installation a last week. My hard
> drive I already partitioned last week as per
> partitioning mini-How To recommendations. The thing is
> I don't remember which partition was intended for what
> purpose and the only way I can guess this is to know
> the size of each partition. What is the command to
> switch to a diffent screen from the installation
> screen then I can run fdisk and figure out the size of
> the partitions and then go on to finish my install of
> Potatoe. Thanks.

Abner,

<Alt>+<Fx> should work, where x is 1,2,3,...

Then you can probably execute 'fdisk -l' to get what you need.

Hope this helps,

Daniel

PS If you need to get to a console from X-windows, the above
<alt>-<Fx> becomes <Ctl>-<Alt>-<Fx>

--
Daniel A. Freedman
Laboratory for Atomic and Solid State Physics