lprng problem.

G'day All,

I'm running Debian testing with kernel 2.4.4 and can not get my printer
( a HP deskjet 690C ) to work, I have the parport, partport_pc, and lp
loaded with the correct irq, ect settings. but any request to the printer
ejects a blank page, except the command 'lp foobar.txt' which prints
"No way to print this type of file, ASCII Text' on the top of the page

I'm using lprng as my printer spooler and
I've used lprngtool to set the printer settings.

Any advice will be repaid with bundle of good karma,

Thanks
Joel
--
No, Gates always knew the Internet was going to be important,
just as Oceania has always been at war with East Asia. ;)

(Yes I know I've stolen this from /. but it's such a good quote
I thought it need spreeding ;)