Re: Wave Splicer

On Friday 18 May 2001 01:41, Jonathan Daugherty wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good wave file splicing uitility?  I have a
> book-on-cd and all the tracks are a minute long, and I'd like to find a way
> to easily combine all the wave files into one.  By the way, using cat to
> put them together does not result in a valid wave file.

You can do it with sox. But it'll take hours to find out the commandline
options ;).
You can also try dd to cut off the wav header (usually the first 44 bytes of
each file), then concatenate the files. This gives you a pcm file. Then you
just have to attach a wav header to get a wav file. If you take a header of
the original files it will have the wrong file length, but otherwise be
correct. You can also feed the pcm file to sox to convert to wav again (sox
will add a valid header).
There might be better tools out there I'm not aware of. If not, it's time
someone starts making one.