Re: [users] Re: What every retailer should know

also sprach Frank Zimmermann (on Thu, 17 May 2001 05:53:40PM +0100):
> not really the lastest news. Suse already respondet at the 11.05.
> (sorry  only fond a german version:
> http://www.suse.de/de/news/hotnews/MS.html ) and the OpenSource
> Community responded recently to this:
> http://perens.com/Articles/StandTogether.html

well, sorry. i hadn't seen it yet so it hadn't been posted to
debian-users and i thought it's always worth to share this kind of
amusement.

> But I like the link to the Unix vs NT site.

read the kirch paper. it's seriously one of the best pieces of
research i have encountered in a long time.

> I think we should stay quite calm to this kind of Marketing because
> there is not very much we can do about it. And the peolple who
> belive thisare hard to convince about the opposite. They want to
> belive what MS tells them and they what to waste their money.

sure. nevertheless, we can make fun of it for our own pleasures... so

> For me it was a nice joke and I had a good laugh

yes! that was the point.

(you wouldn't believe how many internet exploiter hits
 pantsfullofunix.net is getting as a result of my post...
 --> i am sorry to all debian-users who are forced by their workplace
     to put up with micro$oft.
)

fermentation fault.
coors dumped.