Re: woody release date

On Saturday, May 12, 2001, at 11:25 PM, Ethan Benson wrote:

my personal guess is that anything before late november is not going
to happen.  but who knows, if more people help with boot floppies that
would probably help. the main thing is going to be seeing how many
times freezes have to be restarted because RC bugs were not fixed.
thats why potato's freeze took so long.

I've always wondered why Debian has such trouble with releases. The RedHat clones put stuff out regularly. Yeah, I know, Debian actually wants things to _work_. :-) But FreeBSD also does a better job at new releases, and FreeBSD is high quality like Debian IMO.