Re: kppp

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 09:35:08AM +0200, M G Berberich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 09. Mai 2001 23:00:37 schrieb Robin Gerard:
> > I have installed KDE successfuly but
> > when I launch kppp, after the connection
> > has bein established, I received this
> > message :
> > dead unexpected of the daemond pppd
> > code returned 1.
> > However pon runs fine.
> > Can someone me some ideas on this matter ?
> > TIA
>
> Why not use pon and one of the graphical pon-frontends.  Using pon has
> the advantage that you can use _one_ mechanism (and configuration)
> from X and from console.
>
> If it's for accounting: I wrote a little tool that does
> time-accounting for pon. look at
> http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~berberic/Linux/ppplog.html. It shows
> online-times only and does not calculate the costs like kppp. (Not yet
> a package).

Thanks, ppplog runs fine  (with pppd 2.3.11 potato2.2r2) and it
is very useful.
But my wife and my children  prefer kppp because it point out whether the
connection succed or not whereas pon gives not informations on the
progress of the connection.

Thanks for your work and to those who have helped me.
--
Gerard