Re: funky hardware problem
- To: Monte Milanuk <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: funky hardware problem
- From: Richard KHOO Guan Chen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 15:24:45 +0800 (SGT)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <000b01c0db31$f819e160$c7288eac@Default>
On Sat, 12 May 2001, Monte Milanuk wrote:
> Played musical chairs w/ the drives
> on the ide cables, the whole nine yards. Nothing helped. Suddenly, the HD
> started 'clunking' ominously. Went and got a 'new' 1.2GB HD from the local
> computer shack for about $10-15, and magically everything worked perfectly.
> Played around w/ it for a while, messed w/ RH 6.2 on the system. Now trying
> Debian 2.2r2 on it, and it worked ok, other than it took literally a day or
> so for it to crunch it's way thru the secondary install. Ended up rebooting
> and installing the packages from dselect. But, again, one CD wouldn't be
> recognized. It was an extra, so I wasn't too worried.
I would also check the power supply unit.
Ah Khoo says
life will never give you grapes and lavenders everytime
occasionally, she will throw you a durian...