Re: Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

Hello Johann,

* Johann wrote:

> I get the error in the subject line when I try to run mp3blaster on a
> mp3-file. I have tried xmms, alsaplayer and freeamp and they also
> fail.
>
> I can play CD's without a problem.  How can I find out what the
> problem is and how to solve it?

Your soundcard is not configured.
What soundcard you use and which driver you try?
(ALSA or OSS)

lspci -v
cat /proc/interrupts
cat /proc/dma
lsmod

cya
Waldemar

--
It's naive to assume that just installing a firewall is going to protect
you from all potential security threat. That assumption creates a false