Re: configuring Xircom Realport CardBus Multi-Function Card: RBEM56G-100 under Linux

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 01:50:20PM +0100, Wilson Yau wrote:

> 2./ Network device support --> PCMCIA network device support --> Xircom
> 16-bit PCMCIA support & Xircom Tulip-like CardBus support.

You don't need "Xircom 16-bit PCMCIA support" for this card.

> When doing  #/etc/init.d/pcmcia restart, got one high beep followed by
> one very low beep :/)

A high beep and a low beep indicate the card was identified but somehow
could not be configured properly(Are you using DHCP?). Try configuring
the eth0 interface manually:

# ifconfig eth0 promisc aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd netmask ... ...

The option "promisc" is an attempt to work around a known bug in
tulip_cb (see BUGS in the pcmcia-cs source packages).

If it works, you can put "ifconfig eth0 promisc" into the pcmcia init
scripts(somewhere before configuring the ethernet interfaces).

(my laptop runs redhat and my Xircom card is ethernet only, so the tip
may not work for you)

--
Wenzhuo