configuring Xircom Realport CardBus Multi-Function Card: RBEM56G-100 under Linux

Hi, I am trying to get a Xircom RealPort CardBus multi-function card
(10/100 + 56k modem) [model: RBEM56G-100] working under a Dell Latitude
CPi R400GT runnning Debian Linux Potato w/ 2.4.4 kernel, but not yet
successful. :-(

When I compiled the kernel, I did check the following options/modules:

1./ General setup --> PCMCIA/CardBus support --> CardBus support &
i82365 compatible bridge support;

2./ Network device support --> PCMCIA network device support --> Xircom
16-bit PCMCIA support & Xircom Tulip-like CardBus support.

When doing  #/etc/init.d/pcmcia restart, got one high beep followed by
one very low beep :/)

When doing # cardctl ident, got the following:
Socket 0:
  product info: "Xircom", "CardBus Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56",
"CBEM56G", "1.03"
  manfid: 0x0105, 0x0103
  function: 6 (network).
Socket 1:
  no product info available

It seems that the module detected (CBEM56G) did not match the actual
card (RBEM56G-100)?
I know drivers support for Xircom card is not still experimental, but it
did work before even under a 2.2.14 kernel.

What did I miss?

Thanks for your help.

Wilson :-)