Re: Debian install/2.4 Kernel/ATA-100 RAID

Zac,

Excellent! We have at least one guy who understands what I was asking ;-) Thanks, hopefully this will clarify things a little bit...

If anyone has any ideas now that the question has been restated, I will still apreciate the help, if not, well thats how life goes...

Marcus

Zac Epkes wrote:

Sorry i was jsut wondering if anyone was READING the entire question...
I would help if i could but i dont know, HERE :

The man would like to know how to install Debian having the Whole drive being a Software RAID, he wants to install CLEAN w/ the raid, now he has '/boot' [estimated about 30mb] now i dont see how u plan for him to install debian on a 30mb partition, remake a kernel and then setup the raid as part of the installation...

Sorry, i just didnt like seeing the man ask a question 4 times and have people tell him to install a patch [which he CAN NOT install] to get a raid '/' working...

- overid3 =)

P.S. - trully sorry...

--
C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg.