Re: compaq on board sound

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 12:16:43PM +1000, Renai LeMay wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> I would like to get the on board sound card on my compaq presario 2415
> working. I've been looking on the net for about an hour, and can't find any
> documentation on what driver to use, how to set it up etc.
>
> If anyone could give me a hand on pointing me to some docos that would be
> great.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Renai

I have a Compaq Presario 4764. The chipset on my board was a ess1888
which is supposely sb16 compatible. i used the sb drivers. but i
never got it to work reliably under linux. it was ok under 2.0, bad
under 2.2 and 2.4. finally gave up and bought a sb16 pci.

hope you had better luck than me. =)

herbert