Re: compaq on board sound

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 12:30:21PM +1000, Renai LeMay wrote:
> hi,
>
> yes I_am_familiar with setting up sound on Linux. Basically, my problem is -
> there is not a sound card as such. It's an onboard sound thing - which means
> there is simply a motherboard and a few sound out/in ports on the back.
>
> I don't know how to setup onboard/sound/video, the motherboard doesn't
> exactly say what model it is - so what should i do?

It would be real nice if you would post your message *after* the text
your responding to.

Setting up a card built into the motherboard is no different than
setting up a card you hold in your hand.  Sounds like you have that
figured out.  Look on the motherboard again.  Check the chips and around
the in/out ports.  Have you looked at the web-site for you computer?  Do
you have any manuals for the computer?
kent

<snip>

--