Re: compaq on board sound

Compaq (~1995) used ESS-based chipsets for their "on board" sound.  It
turns out that it was a degenerate SB16.  I had the devil's own time
getting it to work.  I've a feeling that Compaq didn't change vendors
(they have a history of sticking with the same vendors), so you should
look to either the sb or the ESS modules, but plan on spending a lot of
sweat equity getting it to work.  HTH

--
void hamlet()
{#define question=((bb)||(!bb))}