Re: compaq on board sound

hi,

yes I_am_familiar with setting up sound on Linux. Basically, my problem is -
there is not a sound card as such. It's an onboard sound thing - which means
there is simply a motherboard and a few sound out/in ports on the back.

I don't know how to setup onboard/sound/video, the motherboard doesn't
exactly say what model it is - so what should i do?