Re: compaq on board sound

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 12:16:43PM +1000, Renai LeMay wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> I would like to get the on board sound card on my compaq presario 2415
> working. I've been looking on the net for about an hour, and can't find any
> documentation on what driver to use, how to set it up etc.
>
> If anyone could give me a hand on pointing me to some docos that would be
> great.

Do you know what kind of sound card it is?  If not take a look on the
motherboard.  Once you know the card take a look here -
http://users.bart.nl/~patrickr/hardware-howto/Hardware-HOWTO.html

Then recompile your kernel adding sound support for the card.  Once you
know what card your dealing with and what you have tried, post back for more
help.
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted