Re: [users] Re: getting procmail to pipe to a gzipped file

also sprach mdevin@ozemail.com.au (on Tue, 08 May 2001 01:25:37PM +1000):
> > Try "| gzip -c >> testing.gz".
> That still seems to not work when I sent a mail with Subject: gzip
> And I know the condition works since if I remove the gzip pipe and just
> place a filename there then it does append to it OK.

as i said, gzip outputs to stdin by default (like any good ol' unix
proggy), so the -c flag is just not necessary. nevertheless, aside
from the 'i' flag for the recipe, i would maybe write

"| (gzip >> testing.gz)

just to make sure that the >> is passed to the right shell instance.

friends help you move. real friends help you move bodies.