Re: getting procmail to pipe to a gzipped file

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 11:37:19AM +1000, mdevin@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> I thought I had this worked out, but it doesn't seem to work quite how
> it should.  Bascially I want to have mail with a certain subject piped
> into a .gz file in my ~/mail directory.
>
> Here is what I had in .procmailrc:
[...]
> # testing of gzip pipe
> :0 bw:
> * ^Subject:.*gzip
> | gzip >>testing.gz

22:08 $ gzip --help 2>&1 | grep stdout
 -c --stdout      write on standard output, keep original files unchanged

Try "| gzip -c >> testing.gz".

How will you read mail from the compressed box?

Rob

--
"I'd love to go out with you, but I'm doing door-to-door collecting for static
cling."