weird jump in use reported by df

All,

I typed df just out of curiosity to see what my disk usage was up to and
was shocked to see that it had almost *tripled* from the last time I
checked it (just a few days ago) -- it's gone up from 11% to 27%.

I haven't downloaded *that* much new stuff! Could this be a sign someone
is making unauthorized use of my system? Or is there something else that
could cause such a huge increase?

I hardly know where to start looking into this. Any help or pointers would
be much appreciated.

Best,

Glenn Becker

http://www.burningclown.com