Re: Using Samba 2.2 as PDC

* On 06-05-01 at 14:59 Sean (snmjohnson@iclub.org) wrote:
+----Here quoted text begins----+
> On Sunday 06 May 2001 08:14, Florian Petri wrote:
> > Hi!

[...]
> > Any ideas? I have no idea what's wrong...
> >
> > cu Floh
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, SAMBA can only act as a BDC of an existing NT/2000
> domain.
>
> Sean

+----and here the quote ends----+
Actually it does work as PDC... you might want to check this url out:
http://bioserve.biochem.latrobe.edu.au/samba/

And if it says that your account was deactivated (smbpasswd has an option to
actually activate users, since by default they are added as inactive):
smbpasswd --help
[...]
 -e                   enable user
[...]

smbpasswd manpage might be of use also...

Good Luck!

B.
--
Boštjan Müller [NEONATUS], neonatus@neonatus.net, http://neonatus.net/~neonatus