Re: Boa

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Peter Donaldson wrote:

> I just installed boa and having some trouble setting up the VirtualHost. My
> main problem i think is that i don't quite understand this
>
> ServerName www.0wnz.slyip.net
>
> # VirtualHost: a logical switch.
> # Comment out to disable.
> # Given DocumentRoot /var/www, requests on interface 'A' or IP 'IP-A'
> # become /var/www/IP-A.
> # Example: http://localhost/ becomes /var/www/127.0.0.1
> #
> # Not used until version 0.93.17.2.  This "feature" also breaks commonlog
> # output rules, it prepends the interface number to each access_log line.
> # You are expected to fix that problem with a postprocessing script.
>
> VirtualHost
>
> Can somone please help me i am trying to setup http://peter.0wnz.slyip.net
> and to pull the files from /var/www/peter/ is anyone able to help???????

e.g. create these...
	/var/www/127.0.0.1
	/var/www/127.0.0.2

add this to /etc/hosts...
127.0.0.1 <system name> localhost
127.0.0.2 <virtual system name> localhost

request for http://<virtual system name>/ will be served out of
/var/www/127.0.0.2

So, you can't serve out of /var/www/peter, but you can do
http://peter/ and get stuff from /var/www/127.0.0.2, if you put:
	127.0.0.2 peter localhost
in /etc/hosts.

- Bruce