Re: Printer Failure

let's see - I've tried adding a form feed character at the end of foo.txt - still fails silently.  I added the IO address and IRQ line /etc/modules.conf (and just to see if it would work to /etc/modules).  I have no file /etc/modules/parport (hmmm . . .)  I also just looked at /var/log/lp-errs, and it says /etc/magicfilter/pnm2ppa-720-color-eco-filter  --  Interrupted System Call.  I think I have finally found something that at least realizes there is a problem, although when I cat directly to the printer port I should bypass this.  Can anyone tell me what this means?  I have seen somewhere that the report that it is using IRQ -1 only means that it is not using interrupt driven printinfg, but is using polling instead, which is what it had been using when it worked fine.  Getting a little frustrated, although it could be worse - I don't have to print that often.

Thanks again,
Steve

 The box is a Debian Woody distro running on an AMD K6-400, I