Re: changing console framebuffer modes

 JKA> This is what happens when I try to run the commands: fbset
 JKA> 640x480-72

 JKA> error message: ioctl FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument

 JKA> or

 JKA> fbset --all 640-480-72 gives the same exact error message.

 JKA> Is there something that is not set up properly?  Any suggestions
 JKA> would be helpful!  :-)

May be you compiled only frambuffer support and none of framebuffer
drivers?  You should compile vesa or one of the framebuffer drivers
for supported chipsets.

Do you run these commands as root and from linux console?

If you compiled drivers as modules do you load drivers (e.g. with
modprobe) before fbset?

I have no other ideas. fbset worked fine for me when I used
framebuffer.
--
Alexander Zhuckov   zuav@int.spb.ru   2:5030/518.50