Re: Help now unable to print or restart lpd

Try  /etc/init.d/lpd start or /etc/init.d/lpd restart - that's how the daemon is managed.  if that doesn't work for some reason, try lpc<cr>enable all.  These should start the lpd daemon.  if you still can't print reasonable looking pages, magicfilterconfig will let you set up the appropriate filters for your printer.  good luck.