Re: gcc 3.0, namespace, and such

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 05:17:14PM -0600, Robert Kerr wrote:
| Hi all,
| Here's my situation.  I'm developing a rather large project, and we're
| starting to use stl stuff.  Unfortunately, one of our vendor libraries
| uses a "vector", which then clashes with the stl vectors we're starting to
| use.  Because of gcc 2.95.2 not supporting namespace correctly
| (ie. putting all names into the global namespace) we have a

I thought gcc 2.95 put the stl stuff in the std:: namespace.  (I used
it on a Solaris 7 or 8 machine)  I could be wrong though.

| this.  I've heard rumors that gcc 3.0 will handle namespaces and stl
| correctly, and have thought about upgrading to 3.0.  I'm running testing
| right now, and it looks like it has gcc 3.0 available.

If testing has gcc 3.0, it isn't really gcc 3.0.  It may be a beta or
a preview release, but according to gcc.gnu.org 3.0 hasn't been
released yeat.

I can't wait until it is released, though.

-D