Mutt is best

OK, from reading many of these emails I am getting the impression that
Mutt sucks less.

Currently I am using Netscape for my emails.  I know that Mutt will
handle gnupg signitures and encryption etc which Netscape doesn't seem
to.  But will Mutt allow me to open .jpg, pdf and word files.  Currently
I have Netscape set up to open word files with Abiword, and pdf files
with xpdf.  Will this be possible with Mutt.

I am willing to withstand the learning curve, but I must be able to
QUICKLY open pdf and abiword files while reading the email.  If not,
would evolution be the best bet.

Thanks.

Mark.