Re: pcmcia startup order: was Re: /etc/network/interfaces

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, The Nose Who Knows wrote:

> Eric Richardson wrote:
> > Is this a problem that needs to be looked at for the distribution? It
> > sure makes the out of box experience with Debian a little rough.
>
> I've recently started using two laptops (one belongs to work, one is
> mine) with Debian "testing"; I can confirm that the pcmcia start order
> is a problem on both.

i was able to correct the timing problem by moving the pcmcia startup in
/etc/rcS.d to S39pcmcia and networking to S60networking.  this seems to
give the pcmcia package enough time to complete prior to the network
script executes.  i originally had S40pcmcia, and that didn't work.
--
steve
*****