Re: pppd and root

Andreas Tscharner writes:
> As seen, I use the "name" option, what causes pppd to say that only root
> can establish such a connection.

Yes, because you are passing it 'name' (a privileged option) on the command
line.

> But I know that it is possible to have more than one configuration and
> start to connect as user, but HOW

By putting the privileged options in a peers file.  man pppd.  Or just run
pppconfig, answer the questions, let it set up the peers and chatscripts
files, and bring up a connection with 'pon connection_name' and shut it
down with poff.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)