Re: Linux Books

On Friday 20 April 2001 16:22, George M. Butler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been asking questions on this list and received lots of help.  I
> am new to
> Linux but have some
> limited experiece with Unix in the past. I have just
> discovered that my employer will let me have $400 to buy books related
> to my job.
> I am a member of a mathematics faculty so naturally Linux is job
> related.  I would
> be interested
> to hear from the contributors of this list what are their favorite
> Linux, Unix,
> Networking,  Programming Language,  or related books.

Someone has already suggested the Camel book, Programming Perl.   That's a
good suggestion, but I would recommend the O'Reilly Perl CD Bookshelf
instead.  For about the price of two of their excellent Perl books, you get
ALL their Perl books on a CD in HTML, hyperlinked, indexed and searchable.  I
"discovered" the CD Bookshelf after I had already bought the Llama book, the
Camel book and the Cookbook, which is about half the CD.  I still consider it
a very good deal.