pppd and root

Hello World,

I have, according to the PPP-HOWTO, 3 scriptfiles created. The only
difference to the howto is in ppp-on. I have added:

case "$1" in
        diAx|diax|Diax)
                TELEPHONE=015111111
                PROV_USERNAME=<diAx-Username>
                ;;
        SPIN|spin|Spin)
                TELEPHONE=0812840007
                PROV_USERNAME=<SPIN-Username>
                ;;
        *)
                echo "Usage: $0 {diAx|SPIN}"
                exit 1
                ;;
esac

and to start the script I use therefore:
exec /usr/sbin/pppd debug name $PROV_USERNAME /dev/ttyS0 115200 \
$LOCAL_IP:$REMOTE_IP connect $DIALER_SCRIPT

In pap-secrets are both names together with the passwords. As seen, I use
the "name" option, what causes pppd to say that only root can establish
such a connection. But I know that it is possible to have more than one
configuration and start to connect as user, but HOW

Thanks in advance

Regards
	Andreas
--
Andreas Tscharner                        (on his newly installed computer)