Re: To sid or not to sid?

Jorge Santos <jsf@dep3.fciencias.unam.mx> wrote:
>I'm thinking on upgrading my work machine to sid, but I need to get
>*some* work done, so I can't afford too much trouble.  So, has anyone
>upgraded a potato to sid?  Comments?

If you are confident that you can fix any problems caused, at least to
the extent of having a working machine, fine. Mind you, would you be
asking if you were? :)

Everyone running sid should be keeping at least half an eye on the
development mailing lists (e.g. debian-devel-announce and debian-devel),
where problems are most likely to be discussed. You should also be
prepared to occasionally file bugs when things break, after checking
that nobody else has done so already.

The one thing not to do is to get upset at people when things break.
Breakage, at least to a reasonable extent, goes with the territory in
unstable.