Re: To sid or not to sid?

Jorge Santos <jsf@dep3.fciencias.unam.mx> writes:

> I'm thinking on upgrading my work machine to sid, but I need to get
> *some* work done, so I can't afford too much trouble.  So, has anyone
> upgraded a potato to sid?

I'm running sid right now for work (not a production server, my
personal machine).  It helped that sid was replacing a RHL 7 install,
so I was already familiar with the recent versions of apps I use (most
notably, X).

There have been some bad packages to come in, but I generally
downgrade to the version that's still in my apt cache, and don't have
a problem.  To be absolutely safe, though, you should be comfortable
with dealing with a system that has been made unbootable for various
reasons... this hasn't happened to me, but is possible.

Sit down, you're rocking the boat!