Re: OT: Mutt checking files for new mail

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 08:52:47AM -0400, Thomas J. Hamman wrote:

> I use fetchmail, procmail, and mutt for my E-mail, and I'm having one
> little issue with mutt that has been disturbing me for a while:
>
> Sometimes, new mail in my files does not show up in mutt for a while
> (sometimes even a couple hours) after I have received it.
>
> Does this happen to anyone else?  How can I fix it?  I haven't been able
> to find anything about it in mutt's manual yet (and aside from that,
> mutt has one of the best program manuals I've ever seen).

Are you using exim as your smtp server?  If so it may be worth checking
in MAIN CONFIGURATION SETTINGS and looking for

# Have exim deliver all mail that's received in a single connection.
# Normally it will deliver the first 10 and then queue the rest.

smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 0

Brian.
--
email: brian@copernicus.demon.co.uk