Re: Voodoo2 && Linux

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 12:17:33PM +0500, dim wrote:
> Don't You tell me where can I get more info about these packages &&
> where from can I get it all?

Just use apt-get install glide2-base and device3dfx-source.
You can read about how to use them under /usr/share/doc. To
be able to fully use this you may need to recompile your
kernel with the device3dfx-source patches applied, although
my experience has been that it's not necessary unless you
plan to play games in xwindows.

You might also look into the mesag3-glide2 package, which
apparently also supports voodoo2 cards. I haven't tried it
personally, though.

> And what the programs can use Voodoo? (You just said about kde2)
> (Desktop managers, something like 3D Studio or Maya, something else?)

There arn't very many packages that take advantage of gl
acceleration. xlockmore-gl does, and a few games do, but
that's about it AFAIK.

Go to www.debian.org and browse through it's packages...
many packages which use opengl have a -gl extension on their
names.

> Is there any programs to configure Voodoo2 under Linux?
> How can I check it's perfomance?

Don't know about either of those.

Hope this helps.

--
John Patton                      patton66@home.com
Get my GnuPG public key: finger john@24.22.215.225

"What orators lack in depth they make up for in length."
- Charles de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu (1689-1775)