Re: using cdrecord to record regular file, but can not mount

Hi,

you mean that you did not even made a filesystem? You should be able to
read the information back with:
dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/tmp/whateveriwrotetocd

If you want to copy some files (or directory's) to a cd, you have to use
mkisofs. See 'man cdrecord' for an example how to do this with pipes (that
means that you do not have to make an iso file on your harddisk first).

Then you should be able to mount your cd as usual.

Hope it helps.
Sebastiaan