Re: Mozilla/WindowMaker: autorise on page load

Quoth Dave Carrigan,
> It used to do this to me in sawfish, but either a newer version of
> sawfish, or the the latest builds of mozilla mean that it's not doing it
> any more. I'll tell you something about sawfish that's even more
> annoying. I have focus follows mouse and autoraise set to 500ms. But, if
> a Mozilla window gets the focus, it ignores the autoraise delay, so if
> my mouse strays even half a millimeter onto a mozilla window, it's
> instantly brought to the top. I can't even move my mouse from one window
> to another without tracing a tortuous path trying to avoid all mozilla
> windows.
>
> Now that's annoying.

That is actually a known bug. If you get a recent nightly of Mozilla
(not 0.81, it's bloody awfull), it should be fixed.

But in relation to Karsten's problem, yes, when a mozilla window opens a
new page, it also comes to the top for me. Very annoying - lets just
hope someone has filed a bug and they are working on it. It's not wmaker
specific, because the same thing happens to me, running a recent nightly
and sawfish 0.37.2-ximian.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
Criminologist/Linux Geek  | As my head fell in the basket,