make fs on cdrw disk

Sebastiaan wrote:

Hi,

you mean that you did not even made a filesystem?

is that mkfs, if I run mkfs /dev/hda

root@lshih:~/udf-0.9.3# mkfs /dev/hda
mke2fs 1.19, 13-Jul-2000 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
/dev/hda is entire device, not just one partition!
Proceed anyway? (y,n) y
/dev/hda: Read-only file system while setting up superblock

since I am in 2.4.2, so I try mkudf, but I do not see debian.org current have that package
so I search web to get udf-093.tar.gz
at make, it need /usr/src/linux , I have kernel source instead, so I discare it just hit return
follow its readme file try depmod -a,  get
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.2-k7/kernel/drivers/net/wan/comx.o

I have cd cdr cdrw dvd combo on /dev/hda, hope to get any further help

 You should be able to
read the information back with:
dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/tmp/whateveriwrotetocd

that is successful,

If you want to copy some files (or directory's) to a cd, you have to use
mkisofs. See 'man cdrecord' for an example how to do this with pipes (that
means that you do not have to make an iso file on your harddisk first).

Then you should be able to mount your cd as usual.

would try soon
sincere
eric

Hope it helps.