Re: Weird nfs problem

Hi,

On Sun, 8 Apr 2001 d1temp@telia.com wrote:

> On servar A I have the following in /etc/exports
> -------------
> /var/spool/mail B(ro,no_root_squash)
> /home           *.domain.topdomain(rw)
> -------------
>
> and the following in /etc/fstab
> -------------
> B:/proj/somethin/Web/html/extern-web /external_web nfs defaults 0 0
> B:/proj                              /proj2        nfs defaults 0 0
> -------------
>

> On servar B I have the following in /etc/exports
> -------------
> /home *.domain.topdomain(rw)
> /proj/something/Web/html/extern-web A.domain.topdomain(rw,no_root_squash)
> -------------
>
> and the following in /etc/fstab
> -------------
> A:/var/spool/mail  /proj/var/backup/mail   nfs  defaults  0 0
> A:/home            /proj/var/backup/home   nfs  defaults  0 0
> -------------
>
> Server A can mount B:/proj/something/Web/html/extern-web but not
> B:/proj (giving the following error message: "mount: B:/proj failed,
> reason given by server: Permission denied")
this is not so strange: you have no entry in B/etc/exports to mount /proj.
Add the following line to B/etc/exports:
/proj A.domain.topdomain(rw,no_root_squash)

but I do not think that nfs likes this (it complains, but it should work).

> Server B can mount A:/var/spool/mail but not A:/home (same error as
> above)
try to change the last line of A/etc/exports to:
/home	B(rw)

but I am not sure. It is possible to grant an entire domain to mount the
directory, but I do not know it by heart.

Hope this helps a bit,
Sebastiaan